Monday, December 25, 2006

MORE THAN A UTERUS

I am First Woman
giving birth to Creation
Bloody and boiling
Hope and desperation
The promise of
The cedar tree in the seed
My tears
formed First Man
Incomplete
Without Me
I am Clan Mother

I am Compassionate Woman
I forgive
Your fantasies
Of barbie bodies
The Truth is
Bodies rounded by
Childbirth
Grownup
The rapes, massacres
And final abandonment
excavate our face
I am Awe Inspiring Woman

I am Warrior Woman
Truth telling
Butt kicking
Star Walking
History Making
Fighting Back
No one gets by me
So The People may live
I am Aboriginal Woman

I am Medicine Woman
Painted with red ochre
Soul Finding
Whale Riding
Eagle calling
Butterfly singing
I am Loving Woman

I am Defender Woman
Law abiding
Law breaking
Freedom Fighter
Snitch Jacketed
Assassinated
Yet I live
I am Sustaining Woman

I am Lady Chief
Carrying the souls
of The People
through floods
and burning droughts
Until you
are ready
For the burden
I am Every Woman