Friday, January 19, 2007

FOR THE LOVE OF WHALES

You called your gods of death and destruction
To bury our village in blood and guts
To drown us in our own pride and culture
And capture the souls of those you had judged

Your curse circled the world for all to hear
Like a frightened sparrow sent into combat
With the spirit guardian of my blood
Who rose to meet the small pitiful thing

I sing and dance in ancient agreement
For the love of the one who dies to feed me
I will forever live in her power
She will live forever in my spirit

You and I could throw power for ten days
In a Spiritual War of light and dark
The skies would thunder with our hate and fears
Mother Earth would shudder in deep sorrow

You howl your virtuous creeds and hexes
As I raise the protectors of this land
The Creator weeps for all the children
Locked in lost battle for the love of whales