Monday, January 15, 2007

THE ORDEAL

Creator Father, Creator Mother
I will do whatever needs to be done
All I ask in return is you be there
As I hold Truth burning white in my hands

When I have wrestled hate and discovered
it's source flourishing in my very soul
A toxic vine growing in the fertile
beliefs of all my self doubts and judgments

Watch me hunt greed like a ravenous wolf
tracking a deer through the woods to water
I see in the shimmering reflection
my fear of not-enough devouring me

When I have tired of running from my lust
I find fear of creative passion
forcing me to steal power from another
creating a cycle of victimhood

When I have faced jealousy and found
my own fear of flying too near the sun
My eagle feathers burned from borrowed wings
I crash to earth another fallen star

When you find me huddled in a corner
afraid to reach out to love and be loved
Stand with me Creator God through it all
I promise to do what needs to be done